8 March 2009

Sunday Salon, 8 March 2009

This edition on my Sunday Salon posts is being auto-posted while I am at Left Coast Crime, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you about the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge (ACRC) and it's associated Blog Carnival.

I began ACRC last year as a personal challenge to read the novels of Agatha Christie in publication order. I have read quite a large number of them before but the order of reading has been rather haphazard. These days I tend to like to read a series in order, and often when I am reviewing a new book, I advise readers to go back and read earlier ones in the series.

So I wondered what I would learn if I treated the novels of Agatha Christie in the same way. I then invited people to join me on this journey if they liked, and a number said they would.

Since I began my journey in September last year I have read 8 novels and a couple of collections of short stories. Here is my latest update. Click on the image on the right and you will see all of my postings about the challenge so far.

At the beginning of this year I decided to set up a monthly blogging carnival called, predictably, the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Carnival, which enables anyone who is posting reviews of Agatha Christie books to have them featured in the Carnival. So far there have been two carnivals, and the next is due to be posted on March 23, which means submissions close about March 20. So all you have to do is go to the Carnival site, follow the instructions there on how to submit your post and I will consider it for posting in the next carnival.

I would love it if you could spread the word, either by talking about this post in your blog, or by putting the widget for the carnival in your blog.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a fun challenge. I haven't read Agatha Christie in a long time, though.

Happy Sunday!

zetor said...

'Agatha' was afavourite of mine years ago , I must dig them down from the shelf.Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I have not read her novels since I was a teenager. To take them in as an adult seems an appealing idea to me right now. But where to fit it in?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin