- Latest additions
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- 2018 Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Aussie authors read in 2018 - 2015
- Authors A-Z
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
1 September 2010
Excuse me if I am pre-occupied this month
This month, on September 15, Agatha Christie would have been 120 years old.
So this month the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival is hosting a blog tour. You will find the schedule for the tour on the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge site.
What contains 4,032 pages, resting on a spine over a foot thick?
In all, 43 murders are solved: 12 poisonings; six strangulations; two drownings; two stabbings; a burning; one blow to the head; one death by an arrow and two people pushed.
There are 68 crimes committed; 11 philandering lovers; 68 secrets and lies; 22 false accusations; 59 red-herrings and 21 romances. A total of 143 cups of tea are drunk in the massive volume, there are 66 maids and 47 garments are knitted.
Weighing 8.02 kg (17 lb 10 oz), it is presented in a suede-lined wooden box with brass fittings and a leather handle.
It is of course the world's thickest book, THE COMPLETE MISS MARPLE.
The massive volume, a collection of the 12 novels and 20 short stories by Agatha Christie was revealed to the public in May 2009, setting a record recognised by the Guiness Book of Records.
Don't forget to check out the second stop on the blog tour tomorrow! Check the schedule on the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge site for the stop, or come back here tomorrow for directions.
Check the official Agatha Christie site for other celebratory events.
And just in case you are in England: check the Festival programme.
The other event that is happening later this month is BBAW 2010.
I'll be participating in that too, so life will be busy!
MiP is shortlisted in Best Thriller/Mystery/Suspense/Crime Book Blog
Jen’s Book Thoughts
Mysteries in Paradise
The Drowning Machine