1 April 2009

And the winner is...

I've been running a competition over the last few days for a copy of ===>

The winner is Dorte - drawn randomly by reliable hubby!

Here are the questions and the answers:
  1. What is the name of the village in which Louise Penny sets her series featuring Chief Inspector Armand Gamache?
    Three Pines
  2. What festive season is THE CRUELLEST MONTH set in?
    Easter
  3. Which of her books did Louise Penny win the John Creasey New Blood Dagger with?
    STILL LIFE
  4. Name 2 other awards this particular book won (the book in Q3 that is)
    The Arthur Ellis Award and the Dilys Award
  5. Two of Penny's books have had different titles for US and Canadian publications. Give both titles of one of them.
    A RULE AGAINST MURDER (US)/ THE MURDER STONE (CANADA)
    A FATAL GRACE (US)/ DEAD COLD (CANADA)
  6. What is the name of the house where the seance was held in THE CRUELLEST MONTH?
    The Hadley House
  7. What rating did I give THE CRUELLEST MONTH?
    4.8 - see my review
  8. When Louise Penny has her birthday this year, how old will she be?
    51 - a mere spring chicken!
  9. UND DIE FURCHT GEBIERT DEN ZORN is the title of the German publication of which Canadian title?
    DEAD COLD
  10. In DEAD COLD a spectator is killed while watching a sports match. What was the sport, and how was the person killed?
    Curling, the person was electrocuted.
Thank you to Kaye, Dorte and Pierre for entering.

I am aiming to make this a regular feature of my blog but probably on a fortnightly basis, so watch out after Easter

2 comments:

Dorte H said...

Oh, wonderful!
This is the first time in my life I have won a book!
And the competition has made me so curious that I am really looking forward to reading my first Louise Penny :D

Kerrie said...

And well done Dorte!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin