2019 reading challenges I'm following
As in the past, mostly the challenges listed here help me direct my reading. As such, some will not provide a challenge, simply indicate how well I am doing. Some of the challenges are external to this blog while others are hosted here or on a blog that I manage. In practical terms I do allow some challenges to overlap, that is, most books will appear in more than one challenge. Most of the challenges are simply continuations of ones I took on last year as I have found that these work for me.
This page is a work in progress
Last updated 11 January 2019
- 2019 Good Reads Reading Challenge. I have set my challenge at 120. Currently: 6
- Good Reads A-Z of titles: Currently: 5
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Completed in 2014, titles read in 2019: 0
- USA Fiction Challenge So far 21/51, this year: 0
- 2019 Aussie Author Reading Challenge: aiming for 20: currently 01
- 2019 Australian Women Writers Challenge: aiming for 20. Currently 0
- British Books Challenge 2019 currently 5
- 2018 Ebook Reading Challenge currently 1
- New to me authors - a personal challenge currently 1
- Not crime fiction - a personal challenge currently 0
- Nordic reading challenge - a personal challenge, currently 0
- New Zealand reading challenge -again a personal challenge. currently 0
- Translated crime fiction - a personal challenge that will overlap with many of the other reading challenges that I have undertaken. currently 0
- Snagged at the Library currently: 5
- Audio books: currently: 0
- 2019 Historical Reading Challenge. Currently: 0
|2019 Good Reads Reading Challenge.
I have set my challenge at 110
My progress will be recorded on
2019 Reviews. Currently: 6
Reading A-Z for Aussie Readers
For each letter A through Z, read a book in which the title begins with that letter. For the hard letters Q, X, Y and Z, you may use a book in which the letter is found anywhere in the title.
Hosted at Good Reads Au
Currently: 4/ 26
K; KILL SHOT, Garry Disher
L; LAST BREATH, Robert Bryndza
M, MINE, J.L. Butler
N, THE NIGHT STALKER, Robert Bryndza
T, TWISTED, Linda La Plante
|Agatha Christie Reading Challenge
How to join the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge This is one that I host. I completed the challenge in 2014 and so here this year I'll record blog posts related to Agatha Christie, probably mainly related to short stories.
The time may have come to do some re-reading
USA Fiction Challenge ongoingThis is one I'm hosting on its own site. I'm keeping my own records on a page on my blog. So here I will just keep a summary of the number of states covered, as well as a list of US crime fiction I've read in 2018.
Total so far 21/51
Books read 2019: 10
British Books Challenge 2019
- mine will be crime fiction
|The aim is to read at least 12 books by British authors. This is really
not much of a challenge for me as I read so much British crime fiction,
so the challenge is really just a way of keeping my records. Not sure I
will join an "official" challenge.
|The Aussie Author Challenge 2019 is being hosted at Booklover Book Reviews I'm aiming initially at Kangaroo (12 titles) but the reality is that I will read many more than that.
My genre will be restricted to crime fiction.
|2019 Australian Women Writers Challenge
I will be aiming to read about 20 titles, all crime fiction. They will also count for the Aussie Author Challenge (above)
|2019 Ebook Reading Challenge hosted at the Book Dragon's Lair
bit – 1 book
Byte – 10 books
Megabyte – 25 books
Gigabyte – 50 books
Terabyte – 75 books
Petabyte – 100 books
Empty the Cloud - 101+ books
. . . yeah, this look good.
About one third of my reading is done on my Kindle
|This is a personal challenge. I intend to read as many new-to-me authors as I can.
|Not crime fiction Another personal challenge: a reminder to myself that I need occasionally to read outside the crime fiction genre. Currently:0
|Nordic Reading challenge Another personal challenge: a reminder to myself that I want to keep an eye on Nordic/Scandinavian crime fiction and to keep records of my reading.
|New Zealand Reading challenge
Another personal challenge: a reminder to myself that I want to keep an eye on New Zealand crime fiction and to keep records of my reading.
|Translated crime fiction This will overlap with a number of the other challenges and is really just a record of translated titles that I've read this year.
A Personal challenge/record
|Snagged at the Library I am a consistent "supporter" of my local library, but it will help me keep a nice record of my borrowed books. That is a picture of my local library on the left.
2018 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge
| A challenge hosted at Passages to the Past
Again mainly a record just for me. I'm going to be a bit flexible here and allow myself to include books that have a fair bit of history included in the story. They will still be crime fiction. I will indicate which historical period they relate to.